Monday, October 1, 2012

Sasha The Martyr (tutorial)

Sasha the Martyr
(Seikon No Qwaser)
- anime make-up tutorial -

So I started watching this very weird and perverted anime called Seikon No Qwaser (don't ask) and I am really obsessed with the main male protagonist - Alexander Nikolaevich Hell - Sasha. So today I decided to do a random anime make up of him, since he has this red scar across his face. It's nothing hard to do, nothing special, I just felt like doing it. I am sorry for the quality of photos, my camera is messing with me a lot and my face decided to be extra ugly today. And I did only one eye in anime make up, bcz of the scar. Here's the picture I used as a reference so you know what I'm talking about.


He is so pretty and dreamy and he's only 13 years old! (lol I'm turning into a pedo-girl xD)

I fist thought of making a video tutorial, but I hate editing videos. Maybe I'll do a video slide-show later and put it up on youtube. For now, enjoy this little tutorial in pictures.
(and yes, I'm aware that I don't have his hair etc, it was just face make-up that I was messing with.)

Again, excuse my face. ^^



First take any pale foundation and put it on your face. Then use pressed powder as close to white as you can find. You don't want to look like a ghost, but Sasha does have very fair skin. I'm using Maybelline Affinitone in 16 Vanilla Rose and Claire's White Powder.


 Put in your contact lenses. (I'm using just the red one for the left eye, unfortunately I don't have green lenses so the other one is my natural, and I'm showing only the left eye so it doesn't matter ^^).


 Then add white eyeshadow. Put it all over your lids, and under it. I'm using Claire's powder for that too.

Take your liquid eye liner and line your eye so it looks more like Sasha's. I'm using Essence Gel Liner with a Miss Sporty eyeliner brush. 
Like this:



Sasha has eyes curved at the end so make sure to extend the eyeliner line beyond your eye to make it bigger.

 Also Sasha's lower eyelids are oval, so use your eyeliner to make it look rounder.


If necessary, extend the wing on the eye some more to give them a sharper look until it looks something like this:


 Extend the inner corver of the eye.


 Now off to the scar.
Since it's red, use a red liquid liner, face paint or gel, whatever you have. I'll be using Inglot's red eyeshadow. Also prepare a pale red eyeshadow to make a stencil of the scar before you line it in. I'll be using the same eyeshadow, without and with water. 

Take a thin brush of your choice and draw the stencil on. Make sure to use a reference picture. Do it lightly, so that you don't have to worry about messing up.

The scar goes down the his yawline, but you decide how low you wanna go. I drew it just like in the reference picture I used.

The lowest horizontal line is lined up with his mouth, so that's the place you wanna put it. Curv it a little so it looks more natural on the face.



Also, if it's hard for you to follow the lines on his face while looking inteh mirror (since you see it opposite on your face) just flip the reference pic. ^^

I reccomend you to draw the lines a bit thinner than the original while stenciling, it will be easier to fix any mistakes when you paint over it later.


 It's okay if it's messy, it's just the stencil. When you're done, check for mistakes and wipe off excess color if anywhere needed.

Take a thin, pointy brush and start filling in the stencil. Now you must be careful, just follow the line and then fix anything that seems out of place.
Mine turned out looking like this:


 (I would've done a much better job if my mom hadn't kept interrupting me, asking me to take the dogs for a walk.)

When you're done, you can add mascara oy you don't you don't have to, since his eyelashes aren't visible. I didn't add it since I didn't have time.

And this is the final result:


 


(lol attempt at a creepy face - fail)


 Close up on the nose line.

Again, I'm sorry for teh quality of the photos, this was the best I could do. Most of them are heavily edited since the lightning was awful in my room and the camera flash kept dying.
This look is good for cosplayers, if you don't have money to buy expensive make-up or if you just wanna mess around with your pictures or with your friends. I'll probably do a better one in the future and the stage two of his scar. Here's a picture:


This one is more elaborate so I'll study it more, I did this one on a whim with no previous preparations.

I hope you like it~ ^_^

1 comment: