Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tattoo

Hello everyone~!

I'm so sorry for not updating for such a long time. A lot happened, my uni started, I was a bit stressed about the application etc, but everything is okay. I'm studying more this year, I really wanna know more and learn Japanese ♥ 

As I said, a lot happened, one of the most important thing being - getting my first tattoo!

I'm so happy how it turned out!

Here you go:


This pic was taken on the day I got the tattoo, a few hours after so it was still reddish and swollen. It's looking much better now. 

It is a japanese kanji for love, it's read "Ai".
I decided to add the purple fire for a few reasons. 
  • Because I really like purple
  • Because love is like fire, it can go both ways, meaning it can be warm and protective, but can also burn you and cause you pain


I am very happy with the results.

As for the pain, it was bearable, but after an hour or so it was starting to hurt a lot. I'm not gonna lie, it's a pain, but it's totally worth it. Shading hurts more and the white was the worse. It took a bit less than 3 hours to finish it. It is placed between my shoulder blades and goes up to my neck.

Taking care of the tattoo:
  • Wash it multiple times during the day with medicine or baby soap (I used the latter)
  • Don't touch it a lot
  • Use some sort of creme on it (I was recommended to use Panthenol, but I used Flogocit - these can be found in my country, if you get a tattoo and you're not from Serbia, ask your tattoo artist to tell you which one to get)
  • Put the creme on as much as you can, meaning, don't let the tattoo be dry for the first few days
  • While at home, let the tattoo breathe, tie your hair up 
  • When you need to go out, use plastic foil ( I don't know the exact term - this) to wrap it before putting your clothes over it, so it doesn't irritate it more
  • When it starts to peel off (yes, tattoos start peeling off some time after being done, it's a completely normal process) don't try to peel it off yourself, just leave it alone and keep putting the cream
  • It's not recommended to use the foil after 24h have passed from tattooing. I used it for two days.
  • Don't sleep on the part of the body that is tattooed, for first few nights use the foil to cover it, so it doesn't rip off on your sheets or pajama
  • Even after it peels off (mine is still) keep using the cream
These are most of the steps. Of, check in with your tattoo artist if you have any problems or you're concerned about anything. And don't be afraid if it itches, just don't scratch it.

So this is a little update about a big thing that happened to me, and it will be followed by a Halloween post right away.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment